Published by Steve Litchfield at
Continuing my holiday series of mini-reviews of games for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile, here’s the latest ‘hidden object’ classic from Artifex Mundi. Lush production values and flawless game play if you’re into immersive puzzlers, Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child is available in both full and trial forms in the Windows Store.
From the Store description:
From an early age, Scarlett Everitt displayed a gift for the paranormal, as ghosts and spirits accompanied her every step. Desperate to protect her from an encroaching darkness, her father, Johnathan, placed her in an orphanage run by nuns. Years later, Scarlett returns to find her dad, and finds a clue that leads her to the Victorian mansion of a baronet named Steameyer.
- BUY ONCE – ENJOY ENDLESSLY! – Unlock the game to own it forever!
- LOOK FOR CLUES TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF YOUR FATHER! – As the protagonist tries to locate her missing father, a clue leads her to the train station next to Baronet Steameyer’s mansion and factory.
- USE YOUR PSYCHIC ABILITIES! – Scarlett possesses a remarkable gift that enables her to see where her father resided and traveled in the past.
- SOLVE THE RIDDLES OF A VICTORIAN RESIDENCE! – Scarlett hopes to find her father while exploring Steameyer’s mansion. However, the huge house hides terrifying secrets and dreadful mysteries.
- LEARN THE TRUTH HIDDEN IN THE DARK PAST! – What connects the heroine to the Steameyer family, and what dramatic fate befell the mysterious heiress to their fortune? Help Scarlett learn the truth!
Here’s Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child in action:
Terrific stuff – if you have patience then put on some headphones and immerse yourself in this atmospheric world. Artifex Mundi’s games are available for all platforms, but including Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows 10 on the desktop (i.e. x86).
Source / Credit: Store